Sunday 25 March 2012

U Rock


For our next Stampin' Up Card Club challenge we have to design a card based on the Razzleberry Card on page 14 of the new Autumn-Winter Mini Catalogue.  I made this card yesterday in trying out my designs for the challenge.  I have used all Stampin' Up products.  The base card is basic black with crumb cake and natural ivory being the other two colours I have used, with black ink for all stamping.

I stamped the music on the card using the Music Notes standard wheel. I then used the big ink splot (that is how I describe it) from the Extreme Elements stamp set to stamp the background underneath the record.  The record was made by punching from basic black cardstock a 2 1/5" circle and a small circle using the circle punch from the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack, and from the natural ivory a 1 1/4" circle.  The natural ivory circle was put through the Square Lattice emobssing folder to give it some texture.   The circles were then layered to create the record (I thought it looked a bit like a target, but it is supposed to be a record to go with the music theme).

The ticket tags were made by cutting natural ivory cardstock 1" x 2" stamping the sentiment and then punching the corners using the 2mm handheld punch.  The lines around the ticket tags were free drawn.  I used the U Rock wording from the Perfect Words stamp set, however I only inked part of the same to use the words that I wanted, the actual stamp is U Rock My World.  The guitar is from the Grunge Rock stamp set, stamped on crumb cake cardstock and cut out.  The ticket tags have been tucked under the edge of the record and the guitar layered up with dimensionals.

No comments:

Post a Comment