Sunday 22 April 2012

A Cup of Thanks

The challenge this week at Simply Stampin' Challenge is based on the following colours:


All products used on these cards are from Stampin' Up.

I saw the technique several weeks ago of inking up the Stripes Embossing Folder with one colour embossing this and then using another colour and embossing this piece sidways to create a gingham look piece.

I was having a bit of trouble incorporating the Pink Pirouette into my card for the challenge, however I have used it as a mount behind the Very Vanilla cardstock.  On the gingham piece I have used Soft Suede and Marina Mist embossed on Very Vanilla.  The stamp set I have used is "Tea Shoppe" from the Autumn-Winter Stampin' Up Mini Catalogue.

I had an epiphany (had to look up how to spell this) today and realised that the Punch Windows Magnetic Movers and Shapers Die set co-ordinated with the Scallop Oval, Modern Label and Full Heart Punches.  I only realised this when I was making my labels for the cards and accidently put them together, and voila I had a layered label.  I thought I was so clever, until I read the catalogue and it advised this.  I am probably the only person who did not know this.  Anyway something learned a day makes it a good day.  So I now have more options for layering labels which is great.

This is my card for the Simply Stampin' Colour Challenge.



As I had the Striped Embossing Folder and brayers inked up I decided to make 2 more cards.  I was quite please with the end result and I even managed to use offcuts from my stash which was even better.

I have use the "Tea Shoppe" set again for these extra cards as well as I thought that they could go into my ideas for card classes.  They are only basic and I resisted the urge to ink the edges as I was trying to keep the cards clean and simple for a beginners class.

The sketch design for the second card I cased from Deconstructed Sketches.  The rest of the card has been design by me.  The gingham piece was made using the Soft Suede and Pink Pirouette embossed on Very Vanilla cardstock.


The third card is all my design and creation.  Again the colours used are Soft Suede, Pink Pirouette and Very Vanilla.



 


4 comments:

  1. 3 great cards Carolyn. The 1st one is my favourite, I love the tartan background. Thnk you for joining us at Simply Stampin' this week. A xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, I LOVE this stamp set!!! Looks great on your handmade gingham background too!!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Simply Stampin'
    Kelly xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really pretty cards! Aren't the tea cup just adorable!?! Thanks for joining in the SSC! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your gingham detail works perfectly as a background Carolyn, love the cute tea cup stamps! Thanks for joining in with this week's Simply Stampin' Challenge! Kirei x

    ReplyDelete