Thursday 12 April 2012

Fabulous Florets

I am still making Mother's Day cards for my friends and team mates at work.  I won the Fabulous Florets stamp set at the WA Stampin' Up Regionals last September, and I have not used it very much so I decided to have a play with it.

These cards are made using all Stampin' Up products and the colour scheme is Perfect Plum, Sahara Sand, Whisper White and Always Artichoke.

You just have to love the "En Francais" background stamp.  I have been using it constantly as the background for my Mother's Day Cards as it seems to go with everything.



To make the flowers, I sponged Perfect Plum on the Whisper White cardstock
and got the effect of different shadings.  I then stamped the flower using
Perfect Plum and then cut them out and layered them on the stems
which had been stamped direct onto the Whisper White which had previously
been stamped with the "En Francais" background stamp using Sahara Sand.


On the second card I put the layered card topper through the Square Lattice
embossing folder, then cut it into sections and layered onto Perfect Plum cardstock.
I really like the effect.

 The third card in the set is a quick make, using up the offcuts.


3 comments:

  1. Wow, Carolyn, these are GORGEOUS! I love the way you inked the flowers; such beautiful depth of colour. I agree that En Francais is a wonderful "go to" background stamp; must show mine some more love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carolyn I love your cards I first saw you on Mojo Monday,all of your cards are just beautiful,you inspire me as Iv'e not been card making that long but Iv'e bought all this stuff not knowing what to do ,you give inspiration.Thank You from a fellow Aussie I live on the South Coast Shellharbour

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Suzie, it is great to touch base with fellow card makers. I must admit that I get a lot of inspiration by visiting other blogs. There are some very talented people out there.

      Delete