Wednesday 11 April 2012

Mother's Day Card Set

I have been asked by a few friends at work to make them some Mother's Day cards, so I got out the "Happiness Shared" stamp set from Stampin' Up as the stamp set to design my cards around.  The other stamp sets I have used are "Kindness Matters', "Blessed Mother", "Teeny Tiny Sentiments" and "En Francais".  All products used on these cards are from Stampin' Up.  The colour scheme is one I saw a while ago and just loved.  It is  Basic Black, Cherry Cobbler, Sahara Sand and Whisper White.  My colouring is "Kindy Colouring" but it looks okay with the black stamped outline showing through on the roses.  Hopefully the girls at work will like them.


On my first card I put the Cherry Cobbler seam binding ribbon through the Finial Press
embossing folder.  This was a technique that was featured on Stampinconnection.  It
does not show up very well in the photo but it is very effective.



The last card is very simple.  I was trying to stick to my new rule of making
3 cards in a set so that I do not end up with a lot of offcuts for my stock pile.


1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous cards. I really like the colours.

    Ter ;) Canada

    ReplyDelete