Wednesday 25 July 2012

The Open Sea - Pop-up Card

I got the knitting needles out for this card.  Using Early Espresso Bakers Twine and No. 8 knitting needles I knitted a garter stitch piece for a fishing net (it sort of looks like a fishing net).

The stamp set used is "The Open Sea", with the sentiment from "Teeny Tiny Sentiments".   Hemp Twine was used to make the sailors knot, I found a great tutorial here on how to do this.  The lifeboy I made using the 1 3/8" and 3/4" circle punches, Not Quite Navy Stampin' Write Marker and Early Espresso Bakers Twine.  The other embelishments were made from the stamps in "The Open Sea", Neutral Brads and Game Spinner Hands.

Cardstock is Soft Suede, Whisper White and Crumb Cake with Well Worn Designer Series Paper.



I side view of the card showing how the inside looks and also my version of a fishing net a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment