Monday 19 November 2012

Come to Bethlehem

Using the Framelits Window Frames Collection I have made an easel card of a different shape.  This idea I got from Narelle Farrugia whose work I absolutely adore, with all the layers and elements on her cards.

2012 Create Thursday-007At Create with Connie & Mary this week, the challenge is to make a shaped card using framelits or dies and also to use this sketch.

The colour scheme I have used is Basic Black, Whisper White and Champagne Glimmer Paper as the challenge at The Paper Players this week is to add some glam and glitz by featuring gold or silver on our creations, so I have combined the two challenges to make my card.



The Champagne Glimmer Paper is the gold and the glam is a Rhinestone added to the star.

The stamp sets used are Come to Bethlehem, Christmas Wishes and Teeny Tiny Sentiments.

The colour scheme is not the norm for Christmas, but a liked the finished result.









11 comments:

  1. Wow...what a stunning card! Love the black and white with champagne glimmer together! Thanks for playing along with the Create with Connie and Mary shaped card challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how pretty! I love Narelle's work---she is certainly a good one to CASE! Your scene is lovely and of course, I love the glimmer paper! Thanks for sharing it with us and playing with my Paper Players challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a gorgeous card! I love these non-traditional colors with the glimmer paper! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Champagne Glimmer looks gorgeous with the black white. Thanks for sharing with us this week at Create with Connie & Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Love the easel card with the framelits! And the black and white color scheme with the glimmer paper makes it so elegant! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very Elegant! Love the black and gold sparkle! Thanks for playing along with the Create with Connie and Mary Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all that sparkle & the uniquely shaped easel. Beautiful card, Carolyn. Thanks for playing along with The Paper Players. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Carolyn! Your card is just so beautiful! That glimmer paper really makes your image shine (I just got my delivery of it on Thursday). I'm a huge fan of those colours and I love them for Christmas! Thanks for the shout out - you've made my day! I smile when I see your name in the gallery and always take a look at your cards too. Thanks for joining us at Create with Connie & Mary this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carolyn, this is beautiful! I love easel cards and with a card as pretty as this one, it is a great way to show them off! I just love how the gold pops off the clean black and white. Thank you so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW...STUNNING!!! This is truly absolutely amazing and I love how your Champagne Glimmer paper is the perfect accent for all your black! Thanks so much for playing along in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty card. Really like how the glimmer paper accents your main image. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete