Sunday 28 April 2013

Faux Postage

I have been playing around with the Faux Postage technique using the "Postage Due" stamp set along with the Postage Stamp punch and also making my background paper with sponging, spritzing and stamping.


The first card is one I made for the Mojo Monday Challenge based on this great sketch by Carole.


The sketch had four panels at the top, but I could only fit three on my card.  I used the postage stamps in the "Postage Due" stamps set for two of the postage stamps, but made the stamp with the sentiment on it using the Faux Postage techinque.  The sentiment is from the "Petite Pairs" stamp set.

The background on the top of the card was made using the Square Lattice embossing folder, inked up with Crumb Cake ink and put through the big shot.  I gives a great finish which went perfectly with the vintage style of the card.  The bottom panel I also made using the technique as detailed on Card 2.


The second card is one I made for the challenge at Just Add Ink which was to create our own fun background. 

I started off with a piece of Naturals Ivory cardstock and I sponged on Early Espresso, Soft Suede and Crumb Cake ink.  I then misted it with water and blotted off the excess water, this had the effect of blending the colours slightly. Once this was dry (I cheated and used the heat gun as I am so impatient) I then cut out a doily using the Paper Doily Sizzlit for a template, which I then put over the piece and spritz over with Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz.  This gave a lovely shimmery finish to the piece. which has not shown up very well in the photo.  I then stamped over the top of this with the large stamp from the "Postage Due" stamp set using Soft Suede ink.

The Faux Postage stamps were made using Natural Ivory cardstock, Crumb Cake and Soft Suede ink, 1" Square Punch, Postage Stamp Punch and a piece of Word Window Sheet for the 1" square mask.   The butterfly is from the "Kindness Matters" stamp set and the sentiment is from the "Petite Pairs" stamp set..


The final card is one I made using up all my left over bits and the "Hearts a Flutter" stamp set.  All cards were finished with Victoria Crochet Trim, Linen Thread, Antique Brads and Flower Trim.







7 comments:

  1. gorgeous cards Carol, love those colours together :-) Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Carolyn! The sponged and stamped backgrounds you created are really lovely. Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful carolyn! The background is so effective and Postage Due is the perfect stamp to accompany it. They are all stunning. Thanks so much for joining us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - these are all really stunning. I like them all. Great back grounds and layouts. Chantell JAI

    ReplyDelete
  5. What wonderful backgrounds with the Postage Due Stamp Set. Love what you have created. Think I need to get my set out for a play after seeing your lovely cards. Vx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic background with beautiful colours!

    Thanks for playing in the challenge this week at Just Add Ink.

    Trish
    JAI Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards Carolyn! All of them! Thanks so much for playing along with us at JAI this week!

    ReplyDelete